Sacramento Family Lawyer Represents Family Law Clients, with a Focus on Mediation and Collaborative Divorce
Resolving your family matters with compassion and empathy for more than 25 years
Attorney Beth M. Appelsmith helps clients in difficult family situations reach a positive place in their lives.
Beth Appelsmith provides experienced representation in all areas of family law to clients throughout Sacramento. As alternatives to traditional litigation, she offers out of court dispute resolution through mediation or collaborative practice. We believe that working to resolve disputes collaboratively without going to court helps protect children from the negative effects of divorce while allowing participants a wide range of settlement options, a confidential and respectful setting to resolve disputes, and control of the legal process. Contact us today to find out if the collaborative process is for you.
Working hard to ensure a bright future for you and your children
Choosing a family law attorney is never easy. You want someone who is going to treat you with compassion and care while effectively advising you and advocating for your rights. At our firm, we help you move on with your life by working hard to resolve your family matters in a timely and cost-efficient manner. When you turn to us, you can expect:
- Cost-effective resolution. Litigation can be costly, not to mention stressful for couples and their children. Beth Appelsmith is a skilled attorney and mediator who can help to efficiently, effectively, amicably and respectfully resolve all issues involved in ending your marriage. We also practice Collaborative divorce, which uses a team approach as a gentler and potentially more cost-efficient way to sort out your differences and reach an agreement rather than litigating the matter before a judge.
- An attorney actively engaged in the profession. Beth serves on several boards of directors and is a member of many collaborative practice committees.
- Compassionate and respectful representation. With training in the emotional as well as the legal aspects of divorce and family law matters, Beth has the skills to help you get through what can be an almost overwhelming time in your life. A good listener, Beth has earned a reputation among her clients for being encouraging, supportive and kind. You can count on her to provide a comforting and well-reasoned presence in a difficult time. She has the fortitude, skills and experience to see you through your divorce.
Assisting you with family law, mediation and the collaborative process
We can help you with:
• Family law. We represent clients in divorce, child custody, visitation and support matters, as well as adoption and paternity.
• Mediation. We help you to negotiate the best possible settlements outside of court, while preserving amicable relationships and minimizing conflict’s negative impact on children. We assist you with drafting contracts that explicitly state all the terms of your agreement. In mediation, there is one mediator present who serves as a neutral liaison between the divorcing couple.
• Collaborative divorce. We help clients achieve lasting, mutually acceptable settlements through the collaborative process. In collaborative divorce, each spouse hires an attorney and other professional team members. The team works together with the parties to reach an agreement based on the interests of each party. We address all the same concerns as those discussed during a traditional divorce, including child custody and visitation rights, asset distribution and spousal support, with a focus on maximizing the best possible outcome for each party based on their individual needs.
Schedule your appointment at our Sacramento law firm today
With our help, you can look forward to a bright future. Call Beth M. Appelsmith at 916-239-2315 or contact us online to schedule your appointment.