Sacramento Family Lawyer Represents Family Law Clients, with a Focus on Mediation and Collaborative Divorce
About 10 years ago, Beth transitioned her practice from traditional family law litigation to focus on out of court divorce. In Beth’s experience, out of court options such as mediation and Collaborative Divorce lead to better outcomes, lower costs, and happier clients. Because her practice and her calendar are not controlled by the pressures of litigated cases, Beth is able to more fully assist and support her clients and to respond to their requests in a prompt and helpful way.
Her experience and flexibility allow Beth to customize her approach to the individual needs of each case, however simple or complex it may be. Client questions and concerns are addressed promptly and settlement options are explored to find the resolution that is best for you.
Beth’s affiliations with the Sacramento Collaborative Divorce Group and the family law community mean Beth can provide valuable referrals for expert assistance with specific financial situations and children’s needs. These experts can become part of the divorcing couple's “team” in mediation or collaborative divorce, creating a holistic approach by involving other qualified and supportive professionals to address different aspects of the case.
Working hard to ensure a bright future for you and your children
Choosing a family law attorney is never easy. You want a trusted and experienced professional who will treat you with compassion and care while effectively advising you and addressing your questions and concerns. At our firm, we help you move on with your life by working hard to resolve your family matters in a timely and cost-efficient manner. When you turn to us, you can expect:
- Cost-effective resolution. Litigation can be costly, time consuming, and emotionally stressful for couples and their children. Beth can help to efficiently, effectively, amicably and respectfully resolve all issues involved in ending your marriage. Beth has special training and experience in both mediation and Collaborative divorce, which uses a team approach as a gentler and potentially more cost-efficient way to sort out your differences and reach an agreement rather than litigating the matter before a judge.
- An attorney actively engaged in the profession. Beth has been active in the Sacramento
family law community for many years. She serves on several boards of directors and is a member of many collaborative practice committees
- Compassionate and respectful representation. With training in the emotional as well as the legal aspects of divorce and family law matters, Beth has the skills to help you get through what can be an almost overwhelming time in your life. A good listener, Beth has earned a reputation among her clients for being encouraging, supportive and kind. You can count on her to provide a comforting and well-reasoned presence in a difficult time. She has the resources, skills and experience to see you through the divorce process in an efficient, amicable, and respectful way.
Assisting you with non-litigated family law, including mediation and Collaborative Divorce
We can help you with:
• Mediation. We help couples to negotiate the best possible settlements outside of court, while preserving amicable relationships and minimizing conflict’s negative impact on children. We assist you with drafting all required documents, including settlement agreements and all required disclosure documents. Beth serves as a neutral liaison between the divorcing couple, helping them effectively communicate and understand their settlements options as well as the legal process. Parties control the pace of the case and can schedule appointments based on their preferences on not on external deadlines imposed by the court.
• Collaborative divorce. We help clients achieve lasting settlements customized to their unique needs and interests through the Collaborative process. In collaborative divorce, each spouse hires an attorney, and other professional team members may be involved to address specific financial issues, children’s needs, and emotional issues. The team works together with the parties to reach an agreement based on the interests of each party. Collaborative Divorce addressees all the same concerns as those discussed during a traditional divorce, including child custody and visitation rights, asset distribution and spousal support, with a focus on maximizing the best possible outcome for each party based on their individual needs.
Schedule your appointment at our Sacramento law firm today
With our help, you can look forward to a bright future. Call Beth M. Appelsmith at 916-239-2315 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. test